More than 11,254 registered refugees
1 health centre
Majority aged between 13-25
- Located 1.5km south of Tyre.
- The French government originally built the camp in 1939 for Armenian refugees.
- Palestinians from the Acre in the Galilee came to the camp in the 1950s and the Armenians moved to the Anja area.
- Because of its relatively small size and location, the camp was spared much of the violence throughout the civil war.
- Residents generally work in seasonal agricultural construction.
- Housing consists of concrete block shelters, some of which were built by the refugees themselves.
- The water, sewerage and storm water systems were rehabilitated between 2007-2008.